Monday, July 20, 2009

2 x Kanaha 2 x Hookipa and surf at thousand peaks

Well in the past five days I got in 2 sessions at kanaha beach park. I sailed there because hookipa was super flat and at Kanaha I was able to sail upwind to the break at uppers. Day 1 at Kanaha was pretty tame 5.3 with a 75 l board. Back home that would be an awsome day, its funny how our opinion of conditions changes. However the second day at Kanaha was crazy I was powered to overpowered on 4.2.





I sailed both days at Hookipa on 4.7 and there was a little wave to play with.




The first day I was on an 81 L goya custom wave board. That board rocks and I would love to have one for the windy days back home. On the second day I was on a 72 L rrd wave board and was way overpowered by 2:30 and should have rigged 4.2.





The one day I didn't sail the wind was in the mid teens and I headed over to a break in Lahaina called thousand peaks. The wave was about shoulder high and perfect for longboarding. After about 3 hrs of surfing I checked out Blackrock and joined the rest of the tourists.


It's mabey a 25 ft jump from the rock where the kids are standing.

No comments: