Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Oahu and tourist stuff

Well its been 14 days now that I've been in Maui. I have sailed 7 days at hookipa, 1 and sprecks, and 1 at kanaha. I missed a few days when my friend came and we spent some time being toursists. We were able to snorkel the west and south sides of Maui, hike twin falls, take a zipline tour on Haleakala, and spend a day in Oahu visiting Pearl harbor and diamond head.




It really makes you think when you learn that there are over 900 sailors still entombed in the Arizona.










At hookipa its been incredable to see the level of sailing. These guys here are amazing. Seeing them sail has inspired me to go for bigger air, try forward loops, and it has really improved my wave riding. Apparently its rare for hookipa to see much of a wave in the summer, but we have been seeing alot of waist to chest high surf.





> You see a few more people out in the waves then you do on the jersey shore :)




4 comments:

George Markopoulos said...

Hey Josh-
i didn't know you went to maui. and for a month no less...sweet!

George Markopoulos said...

where are you staying?

Josh said...

hey George yeah its awsome.. I had never been and I finally had a summer off where I didn't have to to take classes so I figured why not... staying in Kuau behind the Kuau Mart... its Giampaolo's place

George Markopoulos said...

Oh man I wish I was there. Enjoy your trip and let's hook up some time for some sailing. I've never done the jersey coast but would like to try that spot called trixies(?)