Thursday, July 2, 2009

Maui

Well school ended june 16th and i've been traveling ever since. However, I reached my highlight destination of the summer Maui!!!!! I had never been to maui and decided back in march that I was going to spend the month of July on the north shore.
Here is a brief breakdown of the trip so far.

June 26th flew from Philly to San Diego

hung out in san diego with my cousine for a few days did some hiking and surfing at mission beach.


June 29th flew from San Diego to Maui

got into Maui around 2:30 pm and met Giampaolo who's studio I am renting and drove 1 mile down the road to hookipa.


This was probably one of the most incredible views I have seen. The exciting part is I will probably stop by that bluff atleast once a day for the next 30 days.


Anway there wasn't any sailable wind Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday so I surfed each day and toured the island. (the biggest sail I have here is 5.3 so i need close to 20 to plane.)


Finally today (Thursday) the wind came up and I was able to get around 3 hours of sailing at sprecks. I was mainly bump and jump but there were a few swells to do some turns on.


It looks like the trades are going to kick in starting tomorrow so hopefully there will be alot of sailing in the near future.

No comments: