Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Oxford locals are getting used to my antics.

Today the wind was up and down out of the NW in the mid to high teens so I headed down to the Oxford strand. The air temp was above 40 so I put on an old ski hat, my 5/3 suit, and my new dakine mittens. This was my first time sailing with the mittens and they did cause some forearm fatigue but the warmth they provided was worth it. Anyway, I got about 3 hours of sailing mostly 6.6 120L but I did get a few runs with the 6.6 and my 92L evo when the wind was gusting. Still no other sailors out and we may have hit the 90 degree mark. I'll have to check the reported temp tomorrow.
I stole the idea for the picture from James Douglass's Windsurfing blog.

2 comments:

PeconicPuffin said...

Hi Josh...never let the cold stop you from windsurfing as long as:

1. You have someone to windsurf with
2. The water isn't iced over!

Any day windsurfing is a great day windsurfing!

You going to Windfest?

Josh said...

I'll be there. Last year was my first time and an absolute blast. I was way overpowered on a 20 year old 5.0. Fortunately I've updated my gear since then.