Friday, October 31, 2008

Fall Sailing

Well Since July I have had quite a few sessions, met many of the local sailors, and have found several launches. I've spent 5 sessions in the ocean 3 of which occured on days that the swell was well overhead. Being out in the ocean on these days was a challenge and is deffinately making me a better sailor. You know its a good day out there when the only thing you can see on shore is the top of the water towers. Last weekend we got a rare warm and strong SE wind and Lakes Bay was lit up. My roomate was nice enough to stop by and grab some video.


I think I did just about everything wrong in that duck jibe attempt. Hopefully I'll have a lot of time to practice this comming weekend. The NJ teachers conference is going on which gives me a 6 day weekend and a chance to spend some time in Hatteras.

No comments: