Thursday, July 31, 2008

Moving

Moving is a pain but if it takes you closer to the coast it can be worth it. From reading several of the windsurfing blogs out there it seems as though moving is a common theme this year. Catapulting aaron moved to Cali, I moved to the NJ coast, and james is moving to florida.

My new location is about 5 miles from extreme windsurfing located right outside of atlantic city. I've had about 7 sessions since i moved in early july mainly 6.6 and down.

Old school 5.0

Living in a much more wind prone area is tempting me to sell my 10.6 and formula board. I just don't need it on days there is wind. For the days without wind I picked up a 9'8" SUP that i've used about 12 times and it is an absoulute blast. I'm deffinately looking forward to fall when I will be able to get out after school for the "windy" season.

5 comments:

James Douglass said...

I'd hang on to that formula stuff if you have room for it. You never know what the wind is going to be like at different times of year. :)

Catapulting Aaron said...

Josh,

Congrats on the move! I'm living the life right now because it's summer, but I bet I'm going to be super jealous once October rolls around!

aaron

Josh said...

I guess no where is perfect. Its been supper flat with almost no wind here for the past week or so. Gives me time to write curriculum :)

George Markopoulos said...

Josh, your blog description talks about sailing the Maryland Eastern shore (my stomping grounds) yet you live near Atlantic City.
What am I missing?

Josh said...

George I lived in Easton MD last year and sailed the Bay / Ocean City, MD. I got a better teaching offer in NJ so now I live about 7 minutes from Lakes Bay/ Atlantic City, NJ.